The name of “Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman” holds a paramount significance for Bangladesh. A leader, statesman of such magnitude is a rarity. His struggle for the emancipation of the people of Bangladesh is unprecedented in history. The speech delivered by him on 7th March, 1971 is considered as one of the “Best Speeches” in the history of the world which earned him the title of “Poet of Politics”. He has staked his life for his people every time it was needed. He has served imprisonment for his people time and again. We have witnessed his highest contribution for the cause of mother language movement, Six Point Demand, The Mass Uprising of 69, The election of 70 and finally during the liberation war of Bangladesh. Hearing his clarion call for independence, people from all walks of life irrespective of religion, cast and creed sacrificed their lives.
After the liberation, he shouldered the mountainous task of building the war ravaged country. In every part of the world he travelled, he was received with high honor and elevated appreciation. He relentlessly strived to build a prosperous country free from hunger, poverty and corruption. The history of Bangladesh is interwoven with the history of Bangabandhu. He wanted to give the people of Bangladesh a unique identity defined by its enriched culture, history and heritage. This is why he is termed as the “Father of the Nation”. The Year 2020 is the Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu. Bangladesh would like to recognize and award the Young Generation for their outstanding contribution in the field of Innovation, Environment, Humanitarianism, Sports, Culture & Arts, Entrepreneurship. “Bangabandhu Global Youth Award” is the exhibition of our love and respect towards Bangabandhu and to the Youth.
This program is particularly important in the COVID-19 and post-COVID recovery and reconstruction of an equitable global economic order. Bangladesh emphasizes on the leadership, vision, ideation and imagination of the youth for constructing an innovative, resilient, and inclusive narrative to ensure a leadership position in the affairs of the world. Bangladesh believes that each new life comes with a potential and a promise. It’s in the youth that this potential or the promise is embodied in the personality that the young human being slowly acquires. This identity is impregnated with the acquired knowledge and experiences of all faiths, belief systems, ethnicities and national identities that the great human civilization has acquired over the many millennia of its existence in the universe. The more layered, textured and nuanced this identity is, the richer that life form becomes.
- Showing gratitude to the deserving youth for their outstanding contributions.
- Motivate others to get into the same path.
- Providing a sense to the Youth all over the world about the significance of their roles for this world.
- Providing an idea to all the countries about what the youth of other countries are up to.
- Awards will be given in the following criteria:
- Sports, Culture & Arts
- Registration forms will be uploaded in the website
- Youths will register by filling the form
- Among them, the best from each criteria will be shortlisted
- They will be awarded with “Bangabandhu Global Youth Award”
Program Format & Timeline
- Awards will be presented according to the set benchmarks for each criteria
- For further information, the participants might be asked for joining a meeting over “Zoom”
- The program will be announced on the opening ceremony (27th July). The deadline will be mentioned in the application form and the award will be provided during the Closing Ceremony
* Application deadline will be strictly maintained and participants who won’t be providing all the details and requirements will be disqualified
All the attended participants will be awarded with Certification from both Bangladesh Government & ICYF
There will be 1 winner per category. The winner from each category will receive a prize money of 1000 USD
Who Can Apply?
- Citizen of the OIC Member States or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
- Aged between 18–35
- The Participant must be entered in one of the five categories listed on this page. Each participant may be nominated in only one category.
- Participants must be from 18 to 35 years old for both genders
- Participation is allowed to the people of OIC Member States or representatives of Islamic communities in other countries.
- The participant must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee
- Form will only be accepted in English.
Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria if the committee decides for further information can set online interview as the last stage of selection.
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF website and social media accounts.
Announcement of The Event: 27th July, 2020 (Inaugural Ceremony)
Award Presentation: During the Closing Ceremony
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
For further queries, email us at email@example.com.