Dhaka – OIC Youth Capital 2019 is a program designed for both city and the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. “The OIC Youth Capital International Programme” adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sport Ministers (ICYSM) held in Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey, on 5 – 7 October 2016; and Resolution No.: 8/43-C adopted by the 43rd Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, on 18 – 19 October 2016. Dhaka – OIC Youth Capital for 2020 was selected by the ICYF Executive Board with its capacity as the OIC Youth Capital Selection Committee on 25 December 2019, in Istanbul.
- Introduce Dhaka, the cradle of civilizations sheltering Islamic cultural heritage,
- Foreground the significance of Dhaka in terms of having a symbolic significance in inter-cultural and inter-civilizational dialogue,
- Present the vision of Dhaka in international platforms through the outcomes of the activities such as youth forums, innovation networks, simulation camps and creativity awards,
- Reflect the soul of Dhaka through the sense of productivity, dynamism, energy and synergy of youth,
- Emphasize the importance of tolerance, hospitality, dialogue and sportsmanship through the tournaments which will be hosted in Dhaka.