“The International OIC Youth Capital Programme” adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers (ICYSM) held in Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey, on 5-7 October 2016; and Resolution No.: 8/43-C adopted by the 43rd Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, on 18-19 October 2016.
The city of Niamey of the Republic of Niger has been selected as the OIC Youth Capital 2023 (being implemented by the ICYF as part of the Joint Youth Action Plan adopted by the 3rd ICYSM and relevant decisions of the subsequent OIC Council of Foreign Ministers) by the ICYF Executive Board in its capacity as the OIC Youth Capital Selection Committee held in Istanbul, Türkiye on 27 January 2023. Niamey – OIC Youth Capital 2023 is a program designed both for the city and the Republic of the Niger.
- Introduce Niamey, the cradle of civilizations sheltering Islamic cultural heritage,
- Foreground the significance of Niamey in terms of having a symbolic significance in inter-cultural and inter-civilizational dialogue,
- Present the vision of Niamey in international platforms through the outcomes of activities such as youth forums, innovation networks, simulation camps, and creativity awards,
- Reflect the soul of Niamey through the sense of productivity, dynamism, energy, and synergy of youth,
- Emphasise the importance of tolerance, hospitality, dialogue, and sportsmanship through the tournaments that will be hosted in Niamey.