APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
A. In follow up to the basic documents identified above, the Board of ICYF developed the below “Application and Selection Procedure” for selection of the Host City of the next OIC Youth Capital Programme:
- Launch of the call: 29 March 2019
- Initial deadline: 01 May 2019
- Extended Deadline: 18 June 2019
- Research and short listing of 3 nominations: 1 July 2019
- Selection of the OIC Youth Capital: 16 July 2019
- Signing of the Implementation Protocol between the Implementing Agency and Host Agency: 1 August 2019
- Announcement of the OIC Youth Capital 2018: 3 September 2019 (OIC Youth Day)
- Start of the Programme : 1 January 2020
2.1 The ICYF Secretariat launches the call for application at the end of March 2019 and expects to receive the Application Form and Support letters by the Applicant countries no later than until the 18 June 2019.
2.2 The ICYF Secretariat will study and research the Applications so as to short list nominations to 3 candidate cities. The Secretariat will present 3 recommendations to the Selection Committee.
2.3 Implementation Protocol will clarify all the details of the programme as identified in the application Forum (attached) and responsibilities of the Implementing Agency and Host agency in this regard. In case of failure to sign the implementation protocol by the Host Agency, the OIC Youth Capital status will be given to the second applicant in the list.
- Instrument of assessment (Criteria) of the selection process will be officially distributed to all OIC Member States to ensure the objectivity and transparency of the evaluation exercise;
- The OIC Youth Capital will be selected in accordance with the selection mechanism and criteria;
- Each OIC Youth Capital will present interim and a follow-up reports to ICYF Secretariat about the Progress made in this concern.
- The OIC Youth Capital period will start in January 2020 and end in December 2020.