Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017 is a program designed both for the city and for Iran. “The International OIC Youth Capital Programme” adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sport Ministers (ICYSM) held in Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey, on 5-7 October 2016; and Resolution No.: 8/43-C adopted by the 43rd Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, on 18-19 October 2016. Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017 is selected with the vote of foreign ministers of 56 member states of OIC and cooperation with the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Governorship of Fars Province.
- Introduce Shiraz, the cradle of civilizations sheltering Islamic cultural heritage,
- Foreground the significance of Shiraz in terms of having a symbolic significance in inter-cultural and inter-civilizational dialogue,
- Present the vision of Shiraz in international platforms through the outcomes of the activities such as the photography and short-film contests, conferences and traditional art festivals,
- Reflect the soul of Shiraz through the sense of productivity, dynamism, energy and synergy of youth,
- Emphasize the importance of tolerance, hospitality and dialogue.