Doha – OIC Youth Capital 2019 is a program designed both for the State of Qatar. “The International OIC Youth Capital Programme” adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sport Ministers (ICYSM) held in Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey, on 5-7 October 2016; and Resolution No.: 8/43-C adopted by the 43rd Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, on 18-19 October 2016. Selection of Doha (State of Qatar) as the OIC Youth Capital for 2019 was adopted and endorsed by the ICYF 3rd General Assembly, held on 22-24 October 2018 in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey.
- Introduce Doha, the cradle of civilizations sheltering Islamic cultural heritage,
- Foreground the significance of Doha in terms of having a symbolic significance in inter-cultural and inter-civilizational dialogue,
- Present the vision of Doha in international platforms through the outcomes of the activities such as youth forums, innovation networks, simulation camps and creativity awards,
- Reflect the soul of Doha through the sense of productivity, dynamism, energy and synergy of youth,
- Emphasise the importance of tolerance, hospitality, dialogue and sportsmanship through the tournaments which will be hosted in Doha.