Bangladesh announces the call for applications from the prospective participants in the Debate Competition as part of its year long festivities of “Dhaka, OIC Youth Capital 2020”. The competition aims to talk about and argue about the current world affairs which need to be addressed by the youth. The competition will be done fully on a digital platform where the final round will be broadcast online for everyone to watch.
- This event is to harness and showcase the knowledge and debating skills of the youth
- This event is to promote the freedom of speech of the youth
- The final round will be broadcast live to give the youth a platform to show skills and make their voice heard
- The participants can make their opinions heard through their work
- This helps the youth in critical thinking as well
- The competition will be arranged in the Round-Robin format; each team will face every other team
- 4 teams will be forwarded to the semifinal and two teams will take part in the final competition
- The participants will have to fill up a form and submit a video of their team to show us their debating capability and if they are qualified enough to represent their country
- The final round will be broadcasted digitally
Program Format and Timeline
- The program will be a combination of Facebook live and zoom meetings for different head to head fights.
- Timeline: 28 – 30 October 2020
*** The online platform and its technical information pack will be shared only with the selected participants.
Full attended participants will be awarded a verified certificate issued by the Bangladesh Government and ICYF
Based on the evaluation of the submitted policy paper and the engagements of the participants during the virtual session, prize money will be awarded.
- Winner: 2000 USD
- 1st Runner Up: 1000 USD
- 2nd Runner Up: 750 USD
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Citizen of the OIC Member States or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
- Aged between 18–35
- Interested in debating, international affairs and general knowledge
Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria if the committee decides for further information can set an online interview as the last stage of selection.
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted on the ICYF website and social media accounts.
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 23 October 2020 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka TIME)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 26 October 2020
For more questions email us at email@example.com.
(Registration will be opened before the program)