Bangladesh announces the call for applications from the prospective participants in the Holy Quran Recitation competition as part of its yearlong festivities of “Dhaka, OIC Youth Capital 2020”. The competition will be done fully on a digital platform where the participants will be uploading their videos of reciting the Holy Quran and it will be judged by expert panelists. The recitations will be displayed online after every round and the finals of the competition will be shown live.
- This event is to spread the message of the Quran through the participation of the youth
- This event will be held with the motto of creating a community where the like-minded youth who are interested in religion to gather together
- The event will create a positive impact in the community about the Quran
- The event aims to break stereotypes regarding Islam and the Quran by going live with the competition
- The interested participants will sign up for the competition with a short clip of them reciting the Quran. This will be considered as the preliminary round
- The judges will pick the best ones and they will go on to compete in the main rounds
- The videos will be posted online for the people to see
- The final will be featured live on various web platforms
- The Ayat that will be recited will be more focused around peace, prosperity and good health
Program Format and Timeline
- The program will be a combination of Facebook Live and digital exhibition.
- Timeline: 23 – 17 April 2021
***The online platform and its technical information pack will be shared only with the selected participants.
Participants who will pass the preliminary rounds will be awarded a verified certificate issued by the Bangladesh Government and ICYF
Based on the evaluation of the submitted policy paper and the engagements of the participants during the virtual session, prize money will be awarded.
- Winner: 2000 USD
- 1st Runner Up: 1000 USD
- 2nd Runner Up: 750 USD
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Citizen of the OIC Member States or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
- Aged between 18–35
- Interested in Quran and religion
Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria if the committee decides for further information can set an online interview as the last stage of selection.
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted on the ICYF website and social media accounts.
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 18 April 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka TIME)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 20 April 2021
For more questions email us at email@example.com
(registration will be opened before the program)