Bangladesh announces the call for applications from the prospective participants in the “Scout Conference for Sustainable Environment” as part of its yearlong festivities of “Dhaka, OIC Youth Capital 2020”. The theme of the conference is “Sustaining the positive environmental changes that took place during the COVID 19 pandemic”. There have been significant changes in the environment when the pandemic hit the world and most of them are positive. It is important for us to keep this positive impact and also come up with sustainable solutions to living harmoniously with the environment.
- Enlighten the community about the positive changes in the environment due to the pandemic
- Bringing the scouts of the OIC nations together to come up with sustainable solutions regarding the environment
- Bringing awareness to the scout about the importance of living harmoniously with the environment
- Giving the participants a sense of what can be done on an individual level to change the environment and make it better
- The talked about the initiatives can be adopted by the nations to the best practices of environment preservation
- Keynote speakers of the World Scout will be giving their talks
- Cases will be provided to the participants for coming up with sustainable solutions
- Top 10 cases will be presented in front of the judges
- The top 10 ideas will be shared among all the participants
- The top 3 ideas will be shared among the World Scout programs
Program Format and Timeline
- The program will be a combination of theoretical and interactive sessions via zoom.
- Timeline: 22 – 25 February 2021
*** The online platform and its technical information pack will be shared only with the selected participants.
Full attended participants will be awarded a verified certificate issued by the Bangladesh Government, ICYF and World Scout
Based on the evaluation of the submitted policy paper and the engagements of the participants during the virtual session, prize money will be awarded.
- Winner: 2000 USD
- 1st Runner Up: 1000 USD
- 2nd Runner Up: 750 USD
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Citizen of the OIC Member States or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State
- Ability to communicate in English
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity.
- Aged between 18–35
- Interested in social works.
- Interested in environmental science and technology
Selection Committee will evaluate the applications based on eligibility and criteria if the committee decides for further information can set an online interview as the last stage of selection.
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation containing online program details. Due to a tight schedule, there will be not an opportunity to inform those who are not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at the ICYF website and social media accounts.
Important Note: Only selected participants will be informed.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 12 February 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+6, Dhaka TIME)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 18 February 2021
For more questions email us at email@example.com.
(Registration will be opened before the program)