CALL FOR APPLICATION
Quran Recitation Contest
Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017
Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC), an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the call for application for the Shiraz OIC Youth Capital 2017 – Quran Recitation Contest issued by the hosts of the “Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017 international programme. The Contest aiming to bring together young Qāri’s and Hafizs from the OIC geography and beyond will be held in the city of Shiraz, Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI), on 30 October – 1 November, 2017.
- Recitation (Qira’aat):
- Tajweed (القراءة و التجوید) (for Men)
- Tarteel (ترتیل القرآن) (for Women)
- Memorization (Hefz)
- Memorization of 10 Juz’s حفظ عشرة أجزاء)) (for Men)
- Memorization of 10 Juz’s حفظ عشرة أجزاء)) (for Women)
Contest Policy and Eligibility:
- The Contest is open to all youth (men and women) aged 18-35, from the OIC Member States as well as Muslim minorities in the Observer and non-Member States.
- Application and in case of selection participation in the Contest is free of charge.
- The Secretariat of the “Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017” shall provide local hospitality, including boarding and lodging to the international participants for 4 nights. For the travel costs the participants will be supported in amount of 200 USD for each participant, to be paid in cash by the hosts upon arrival in Shiraz.
The winners will be awarded with the relevant certificate and cash prize.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 15 October, 2017
Important! Only selected participants will be informed.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION: 17 October, 2017