The Ministry of Youth Affairs of the Republic of Tatarstan (Russian Federation) and the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) is organizing the Holy Qur’an Competition in partnership with the Academy of Youth Diplomacy, Tatarstan Republican Youth Public Foundation “SELET” and Muslim Board of the Republic of Tatarstan under the “Kazan OIC Youth Capital 2022” International Programme on 17-20 May 2022 in Kazan, Tatarstan (RF).
The Holy Quran is the guidance for humanity and the complete code of life. Kazan OIC Youth Capital 2022 is organizing the International Holy Quran Competition to enhance the practice and study of the Holy Qur’an among the Muslim youth community. The yearlong programme of this year’s capital will kick off with the Holy Quran Competition for young people to get acquainted with the rules and essence of recitation with Tajweed of the Quran.
The Holy Quran Competition aims to promote literacy in the Quran and encourage its recitation, memorization, and apply its spirit in life. The Competition is committed to connecting the young generation to those who recite the Holy Quran.
This program intends to achieve the following objectives:
• Spreading the message of the Holy Qur’an through the participation of the youth
• Enabling the bonds of brotherhood, scientific integration, spiritual communication, and working in favor of the great book of Almighty of Allah
• Introducing Muslims to the tradition of reading the Holy Qur’an
• Identifying and encouraging the best reciters among hafizul-Qur’an of the Holy Quran
• Internationally highlighting the efforts of Russia in serving the Holy Quran.
LOCATION & DATE
Location: Kazan/Tatarstan (Russian Federation)
Date: 17-20 May 2022
The submissions will be accepted for the selection process based on the criteria described below.
• To be a citizen (young male and female) of the OIC Member States or the Russian Federation or representative of the Muslim community in the non-OIC Member States.
• Age between 18-30
• Ability to communicate in English/ Arabic/ Russian/Tatar
• Experienced in Tajweed and acquainted with the rules and essence of the Holy Quran recitation.
• Holding a certificate/ diploma confirming the degree of hafizul-Qur’an of the Holy Qur’an
• To be nominated officially by the relevant religious authorities (Ministry/Presidency of Religious Affairs etc.) for the nominees` country of residence or the recognized Islamic Centers or entities in the non-OIC Member States.
• Important Note: Applications will be accepted only through the relevant religious
authorities (Ministry/Presidency of Religious Affairs etc.) and the recognized Islamic
Centers or entities in the non-OIC Member States.
• Participants who want to apply for the Holy Qur’an Competition should contact their
country’s relevant religious authorities (Ministry/Presidency of Religious Affairs etc.) for
the nominees` country of residence or the recognized Islamic Centers or entities in the
nonOIC Member States.
THE FORMAT AND METHODOLOGY
The Competition will gather young male and female hafizul-Qur’an between 17-20 May 2022 in Kazan, Tatarstan (Russian Federation).
Once participants get their nomination, they will be invited to Kazan, Tatarstan (RF) to participate in a 3-day Competition.
International Jury members will inform the participants regarding the rules and regulations during the Competition.
Finally, the jury board will select the top 3 male and 3 female participants among all participants.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION:
*** Only Nominated participants will receive an email confirmation with logistics and program details. Please check your emails regularly, including spam folders!
The host country will cover travel, accommodation, and other costs.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2022
CERTIFICATE AND AWARDS
The winners will be awarded a certificate issued by the Kazan OIC Youth Capital 2022 Organizing Committee.
Award for the First winner of the Young Male and Young Female: $10,000.
Award for the Second winner of the Young Male and Young Female: Apple devices. Award
for the Third winner of the Young Male and Young Female: Apple devices.
Ministry of Youth Affairs of the Republic of Tatarstan (Russian Federation), Mr.Timerkhan Shaikhutdinov, Program Coordinator:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org ; Phone : +7 953-493-70-66