CALL FOR APPLICATION
Fine Arts Festival
The 1st Short Story Contest (Shiraz Literary Award)
Shiraz-OIC Youth Capital 2017
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the call for application for the Shiraz OIC Youth Capital 2017 – Fine Arts Festival & The 1st Short Story Contest issued by the hosts of the “Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017” international programme. The Contest aiming to bring together young writers from the OIC geography and Award Ceremony will be held in the city of Shiraz, Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI), on 19 December, 2017.
The Festival’s Main Objectives:
- Expanding and valuing short stories.
- Highlighting the necessity of the development of writing and publishing short stories in OIC Member States.
- Supporting production and publication of short stories which revolve around Peace and Human Respect.
The Festival’s Policy:
Short stories, which meet the following requirements, may enter the festival’s competitive section:
- Short stories should be written Only in English Language and up to 1500 words.
- Short stories should be typed in Microsoft Word (Font: Times New Roman (Headings CS), Size: 14)
- Short stories should be sent in the format of DOC file and via this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the secretariat of the festival. Please also take note that all the participants should fill out a participation application form and attach it to their email. It is obvious that completing the form means that the participant is the writer of the short story and if any legal claim is filed against it, he/she will bear the responsibility and that the festival carries no responsibility for the rights regarding the ownership of short stories.
- Subjects of Peace and Human-Moral Values constitute the salient and main axes of the festival.
- Defective files and/or formats other than those mentioned here will not be included in the best work selection phase.
The First-Rank Winner: $1000 Cash prize
The Second-Rank Winner: $700 Cash prize
The Third-Rank Winner: $500 Cash prize
General Regulations for Participation in the Festival:
- The festival is open to all youth of OIC Member States and beyond between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Participation is open to public and free of charge.
- Short stories ascending to the final stage of the contest will receive a Participation Certificate.
- There is no limitation on the number of works to be submitted.
- The festival’s secretariat bears no responsibility towards damages to works due to failed submission on the part of participants.
- After the short stories are submitted to the festival, they cannot be excluded from it.
- It is the secretariat’s task to adopt final decisions as regards unexpected cases, which are not included in the present regulations, or obscurities resulted from its content as well as making changes in some of them.
- Completion of participation application form means all the regulations are accepted by the participants.
- The process of sending short stories to the secretariat is one-staged and submitted files are directly and unchangeably judged.
- The works may not be changed or re-sent at all.
- No award will be presented to two or more works with similar values.
- The presence of selected writer or his/her representative at the closing ceremony is required to pay homage to the festival and receive the award.
- The secretariat of festival shall bear the complete costs of round-trip tickets and accommodation of the final winners to participate in award ceremony.
The Festival’s Timeline:
Deadline: 1 December 2017 at 23:59 according to Tehran Time.
Announcing the final winners: 11 December 2017
Award Ceremony: 19 December 2017
Backup Mobile Number: +989367419457
Festival’s Email: email@example.com