The Muslim Future Thinkers Forum ‘’In the Light Mulla Sadra’’ International Academic Conference, under the “Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017” International Programme, will be held in Shiraz, Islamic Republic of Iran, on 20-23 July 2017. The event is jointly organized by Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and Shiraz University under the theme of “Rethinking the Ummah in the Light of Mulla Sadra” with the participation of prospering and well known Muslim Scholars from several universities and academic Institutions based in Muslim majority countries.
ICYF, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) youth Institution, launched a new intellectual platform, the Muslim Future Thinkers Forum (MFTF), with the goal of bringing together prominent senior and junior scholars of the Muslim world to express and exchange their ideas in the format of an academic forum every year. The Forum seeks not only to gather together leading intellectuals of the Muslim world to reflect collectively on the issues facing Muslims today but also to establish worldwide Muslim intellectual networks of cooperation and youth voluntarism to prepare future scholars and leaders. To do so, the Forum adopts a distinctly interdisciplinary perspective to garner insights from Islamic sciences, social sciences and humanities. It may be mentioned here that the Forum is one of the fourteen actions under the chapter of Joint Youth Action Plan adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers (5-7 October, 2016, in Istanbul).
The three-day conference will address various aspects of concern to the Muslim world, particularly rethinking the opportunities and challenges faced by it, as well as focusing on the essence of Mulla Sadra’s message.
CALL FOR APPLICATION: “OIC BATTLE OF SUMOROBOT & TVET CONFERENCE FOR INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION”
In the framework of the Putrajaya – OIC Yout
h Capital 2017 international programme, the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Malaysia in partnership with Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international institution affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), is organizing the “OIC BATTLE OF SUMOROBOT & TVET CONFERENCE FOR INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION” in Putrajaya (Malaysia), on 23-24 May, 2017.
- To produce a generation of educators and learners who are creative and competitive in line with the aspiration in robotic field towards directing a first class human capital with a “towering personality”.
- To foster unity and encourage exchange of views among the participants of the local youth and the OIC youth participants who have strength in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
- THE PARTICIPATION OF THE OIC BATTLE OF SUMOROBOT & TVET CONFERENCE FOR INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION – PUTRAJAYA OIC YOUTH CAPITAL 2017 MUST consist of respective OIC countries. Participants involved in SumoRobot Competition are also obliged to attend TVET Conference for Industrial Automation on the following day.
- All participants must be aged between 15 – 30 years.
- ONLY ONE (1) PERSON PER PARTICIPATION from each OIC country is encouraged where the cost will be borne by the Organizing Committee including :-
- Flight ticket from respective country to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA/ KLIA2) and return flight ticket from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA/ KLIA2) to their country;
- Twin sharing accommodation with breakfast and dinner provided at the hotel;
- Domestic transportation from the airport to the hotel and the programme venue;
- Meals and refreshment during the programme.
- Accommodation, meals and transportation during programme are provided by the Organizing Committee. The participants are responsible for all personal expenses (such as buying souvenirs, international phone calls, laundry, personal trading and etc). Personal expenditures of preparation for the trip or daily expenses during the stay will not be provided by the Organizing Committee.
- OBSERVERS from participating OIC countries are welcome to attend the programme at their OWN EXPENSES, subject to the relevant provisions of the competition and the rules of procedure. However, the Organizing Committee MAY NOT RESPONSIBLE on the arrangement of hotel accommodation, meals and transportation during their stay in Malaysia.
All participants are required to complete the registration form and submit to the Organizing Committee before Sunday, 30 April 2017.
Date : 23rd – 24th May 2017 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
Venue : Dewan Seri Siantan & Bilik Melati, Precint 3, Putrajaya Malaysia
Please refer programme tentative to the Appendix
*PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE GUIDELINE FOR PARTICIPATION ON THE “OIC BATTLE OF SUMOROBOT & TVET CONFERENCE FOR INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION” PROGRAMME BEFORE APPLYING.
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international institution affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in partnership with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Malaysia is organizing the “OIC Youth Capital Halal Food and Fashion Festival” in Putrajaya (Malaysia), on 8-9 April 2017. The double-fold Festival is being organized in conjunction with Grand Opening Ceremony of “Putrajaya – OIC Youth Capital 2017” a year-long International Programme approved by relevant decisions of the OIC 43rdCouncil of Foreign Ministers and the 3rd Islamic Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers.
The Festival aims to bring together young entrepreneurs in the fields of Islamic fashion to showcase their projects and products as well as to exchange creative ideas, to build investment and collaborative partnerships at variety of thematic sessions. Serving as a new horizon in opening the minds of the young people to the challenging realms and norms existing in business, the festival will enable them to discuss and submit their projects and proposals to the relevant parties and possible partners.
The main co-organizers are ICYF and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Malaysia in cooperation with the following partners:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Wisma Putra. (OIC and Regional Cooperation Division)
- Ministry of Tourism and Culture of Malaysia
- Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development
- Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM)
- Putrajaya Cooperation
- Malaysian Youth Council
THE FORMAT AND PROGRAMME DETAILS
The 2 days international programme is expected to bring young entrepreneurs together to contribute to the success of the event and explore new business opportunities for your projects and products. Participants will be provided with opportunity to present their projects or products in the special exhibition as well as thematic sessions.
The programme will be a combination of;
- Exhibition – Halal Food and Fashion
- Fashion Show, Sharing Session, Promotion of Products
- Halal Food Showcase from OIC Member States (sharing session, promotion of products)
Participants are allowed (if desired) to bring their food and fashion products. It may be authentic national items and products which will be used to showcase, exhibit, try-out, sampled and also to be either consumed, sold, distributed or shared among participants and other attendees of the Festival & Exhibition.
VENUE AND DATE
The date and venue of the OIC Halal Food and Fashion Festival is 8 – 9 April, 2017 in Florida Putrajaya, Malaysia. Arrivals and departures are expected to be, respectively on 7 April and 10 April, 2017.
Call for Application is Closed. Thank you for your Submissions
Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international organization affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the below call for application issued by the Municipality of Shiraz on “Shiraz Today” International Youth Photography Festival to be held within the framework of the programme “Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017”.
“Shiraz Today” contest will be a great platform for young photographers to demonstrate their vision of mutual understanding in Muslim societies, as well as its importance in terms of solidarity, rich history, civilizations and brotherhood to foster the youth of Islamic world. The festival involves an international photography competition, photo tour, a festival, and awards ceremony.
The aim of the “Shiraz Today” International Photo Festival is mutual exchange and respect. Tourism plays a critical role in strengthening the relationships among the nations and developing peace and amities. Shiraz as a metropolis with a religious and historical background has always been one of the top destinations for national and international tourists. On the other hand, travel is acknowledged as an important means and factor to bring about the development of human communities by Quran and our religion. Within the selection of Shiraz as the OIC Youth Capital that mission is to bring Muslim youth together and unify them through enhancing their better understanding on common values and variety of traditions and cultures of Muslim societies.
- “Tourism and Pilgrimage”
Photos of national and religious places, spaces and rituals taken in all Muslim lands will increase awareness, attract tourists, support peace and present a kind portrait of Islam in today’s world are judged by the jury members.
- “Urban Art”
Shiraz urban spaces such as modern urban buildings, green spaces and people in the lively urban space as well as workplaces are judged by the jury members.
- “Kindness is here”
Due to the importance of good manners coming from our religious beliefs as well as the Holy Prophet’s (PBUH) practical way of life that are always being emphasized in Iranian culture and history, all photos relating to the Islamic lifestyle, social codes, culture of citizenship and that which presents proper and good conducts are judged by the jury members. All photos of this part should only be taken by mobile phones.
FESTIVAL POLICY & ELIGIBILITY
- This contest is open to youth of all faiths and nationalities between the ages of 18 and 35. Non-professional photographers are particularly encouraged to participate.
- Participation in the festival is open to the public and free of charge.
- The secretariat of the festival will hold a photography tour in Shiraz city from 1 – 5 May 2017 in the area of Urban Art in which international photographers may participate. The secretariat of the Festival shall provide free accommodation to selected international photographers for 5 nights and give a total of 200 dollars to each photographer as a travel allowance (please also take note that this amount of money will be paid in cash when the photographers arrive in Shiraz city). The selection of international photographers shall be in accordance with their resume and the photographers should send their resume and a copy of their identification documents and passports from 21 – 31 March 2017 to the festival secretariat via this email (firstname.lastname@example.org). On 2 April 2017, the selected international photographers will receive an email including an invitation letter in order to participate in the photography tour. Other international photographers could also participate in the photography tour at their own expense.
- The Urban Art photography tour will be held on a competitive base. All participants including national, international and Shirazi ones must register their specifications and those of their cameras in the Festival Database. Not observing the said regulations will result in the photos not being processed.
- All can participate in the Tourism and Pilgrimage part provided that the photos to be sent are no more than 2 years old.
- In Kindness is here part, the committee shall judge the photos which are labelled by the following Hashtag #shiraz_emrooz and tag the festival address instagram.com/shiraz.emrooz on Instagram. Need not to say; only photos taken by mobile phone can enter this part of the festival. Being accepted, the original photo file is required to be sent to the secretariat. Participation is open to the public and there is no limit regarding the number of photos sent by one photographer. Those willing to participate in the kindness is here part must have their Instagram pages set as PUBLIC as the photos labelled by the Hashtag in Private pages would only be visible to the page owner; the secretariat must have access to the photos uploaded. If you are reluctant to have a PUBLIC page, we strongly recommend you to create a PUBLIC page on Instagram onto which you upload your festival photos.
- As soon as the photographers are registered in the festival, they are required to send their photos to the official website of the festival (festivals.shiraz.ir), no later than 5 May 2017 at 23:59 Tehran Local Time. Otherwise, the photos will not be considered.
- Photographers can each send up to 7 photos in each part excluding “Kindness is here”
- In part 1 “Pilgrimage and Tourism” and part 2 “Urban Art”, the monochrome and colour photos must be sent as a file with DPI up to 72 pixels in JPG format and RGB colour model. The longest side should be 1500 pixels with a ratio of 2*3 or 1*1. The Photoshop output level of the photos should not be less than 10. The panorama photos are not accepted by the secretariat of the festival.
- No photo geometric and structural editing is allowed. Photographer should adhere to the standard and acceptable criteria available for photojournalism and documentary photography. The photos can only be edited up to the extent that the originality of the photo is not altered. The documentary aspect of the photos should not be altered by any techniques. Recoloring, adjusting the contrast, brightness and cropping the photos are allowed if the originality of the photo is not altered. The panel of judges makes the final decision or findings of facts.
- The entries are expected not to be submitted in any other national or international contests.
- Once selected for the exhibition, the image must be delivered to be printed in the exhibition booklet. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of any prizes, material awards, and award recognition.
- The photographers whose photos are selected and printed in the festival booklet are conferred award recognition, granted copyright (excluding the finalist selected works), and given the festival booklet. It is necessary to add that the secretariat of the festival shall bear the complete costs of economy-class ticket and accommodation of international winners of part 1 “Pilgrimage and Tourism” and part 2 “Urban Art” in order to participate in the award ceremony (if the international photographers will be among the first, second and third rank winners).
- The selected entries for the exhibition will be put on display from 23-26 May 2017. The festival secretariat reserves itself the right to decide on the number of entries selected to be put on display and printed in the booklet in accordance with the available space. Need not to say that selected entries for “the Kindness is here” part shall be published and put on display in a single, collage-based image in the exhibition.
- Several workshops are to be held during the festival.
- The juries’ decision is considered final and no appeal application shall be considered. In unexpected and unforeseen cases, the secretariat performs as it deems right.
- By the submission of the image, the entrants accept the terms of the festival. They are considered as the sole owner of the photos. Thus the secretariat bears no accountability toward any claim made regarding the ownership and copyright of the delivered work(s). The entrant is accountable for any legal or penal consequences arising from copyright infringement on the part of them.
An international jury who will select four winners will judge the entries submitted by these photographers. The jury’s decisions are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The ICYF-DC, Shiraz Municipality and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Islamic Republic of Iran assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to the contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reasons, the contest does not proceed as planned, due to any causes beyond the control of the organizing committee that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the organizing committee reserves the right, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Festival.
- “Tourism and pilgrimage” Awards:
First-rank winner: award recognition, festival award statuette and $1500 cash prize,
Second-rank Winner: award recognition, festival award statuette and $1000 cash prize,
Third-rank winner: award recognition, festival award statuette and $500 cash prize,
*** 5 outstanding works will also be conferred award recognition and $200 cash prize
- “Urban Art “Awards:
First rank winner: award recognition, festival award statuette and $1500 cash prize,
Second-rank Winner: award recognition, festival award statuette and $1000 cash prize,
Third-rank winner: award recognition, festival award statuette and $500 cash prize,
5 outstanding works will also be conferred award recognition and $200 cash prize,
- “Kindness is here” Awards:
The first 20 selected entries shall be conferred award recognition and $100 cash prize
Sending resume (in order to participate in Shiraz city photography tour in the area of Urban Art): 21 – 31 March 2017
Announcing the names of selected international photographers (in order to participate in Shiraz city photography tour in the area of Urban Art): 2 April 2017
Holding Shiraz city photography tour: 1 – 5 May 2017
Deadline for submission of photos for all 3 themes: 5 May 2017 at 23:59 according to Tehran Time
Award Ceremony: 12 May 2017
Photo Exhibition: 23 – 26 May 2017
Website for the registration: www.festivals.shiraz.ir
Telegram Group: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAD8dEd8GjoCktqIJDg
Telegram Channel: @shiraz_today_fes_Eng
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone: +98 7132229823 (emergency calls only), Mobile phone: +989367419457 (emergency calls only)
The Secretariat of the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), an international institution affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), in follow up to the Resolution No.: OIC/ICYSM-3/2016/R9-Y “On the OIC Youth Capital” adopted by the 3rd Session of the Islamic Conference of Youth and Sport Ministers (ICYSM) held in Istanbul, the Republic of Turkey, on 5-7 October 2016; and Resolution No.: 8/43-C adopted by the 43rd Session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) held in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, on 18-19 October 2016,) which respectively state:
“To call on the Member States to ensure active participation of respective government and youth representatives in the activities of the (OIC Youth Capital) Programme”;
“Approves the annual “OIC Youth Capital” international programme implemented by ICYF; calls upon the Governments and Municipalities of the Member States to actively cooperate with ICYF for achieving overall success of the “OIC Youth Capital” International programme as important tool in strengthening development of and solidarity amongst Muslim youth”,
has the honor to announce the Call for Applications for the OIC Youth Capital 2018 International Programme.
It is important to note that the OIC Youth Capital International Programme aimed at fostering cooperation among the Member States in the field of youth policy as well as enhancing Muslim youth solidarity, fostering inter-cultural diversity and the spirit of unity of youth from the OIC geography was initiated at the ICYF 2nd General Assembly (09-11 October 2014) and successively endorsed by the corresponding Sessions of the OIC CFM and ICYSM. While Istanbul hosted successfully set of activities as the first OIC Youth Capital (2016), Putrajaya (Malaysia), Shiraz (Islamic Republic of Iran) and Fes (Kingdom of Morocco) are running creative activities as the hosts of “OIC Youth Capital” for 2017.
Having this said, the Esteemed Ministries (relevant Government Authorities) responsible for Youth of the OIC Member States are kindly requested to consider the “Requirements and Procedures for Selection of OIC Youth Capital” with a view to submitting suitable candidate city(ies) for the nomination to host OIC Youth Capital for 2018. The application form (available below) is to be kindly filled in and sent latest by 1 May 2017 to the ICYF Secretariat
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: +90 212 465 3670).
For further information and/or clarification, please, feel free to contact with Ms. Tugba Ceren Cerci (Project Coordinator, ICYF-DC Secretariat, E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: +90 212 465 3939).
On 3-4 February, Shiraz, as a host city, was held openning ceremony of the Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital 2017, an important international programme serving development and unity of youth of the OIC geography. Upcoming events of Shiraz-OIC Youth Capital, along with Putrajaya (Malaysia), presented to distinguished guests and youth Representatives of OIC Member States. The ceremony started with presentation of “Flag Raising Ceremony” and “Key to Shiraz” to youth and concluded with the signing of the roadmap of the Shiraz – OIC Youth Capital between Shiraz Authorities and ICYF.